In 2016, the European Commission approved and adopted the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). GDPR is a significant change in data protection regulation in the EU and replaces the existing legal framework (the Data Protection Directive and the various member state laws). It will come into effect on May 25, 2018. ecomnation is fully committed to achieving and upholding ongoing compliance with GDPR prior to the effective date.
Here’s some data security information you need to know
File Systems and Communication
All access to the ecomnation website is restricted to HTTPS encrypted connections. All data retrieval from data sources is done with your unique access token over a secure connection with API keys. User passwords are secured with encryption techniques. They are never stored in the database in plaintext and are not readable by staff.
Data that ecomnation stores
Your names and email addresses. Your accounts order/customer/product/ audience data.
Currently, all data, backup are stored in different locations in the USA, Singapore. We do not back up any of your accounts(or your customer’s) data in other locations – just data to do with your ecomnation preferences and subscription to ecomnation.
Please contact us at any time if you wish to receive the data we have on record if wish us to delete it.
Data protection measures
We have a number of security measures in place to protect data present in your ecomnation account.
ecomnation shares as little data as possible with 3rd parties. If we share data, it is only your email address and used for reasons described below. All of your store’s data is completely contained. The only 3rd parties we work with are:
- Google Analytics – Google tag manager for tracking views of the ecomnation site and application.
- Facebook Advertising – retargeting and advertising ecomnation.
- Google Adwords – retargeting and advertising ecomnation.
- Cloudflare – to improve speed by managing caching.
- Google Optimize – split test ecomnation’s website pages.
- Firstpromoter affiliate system – To track affiliate referrals to our site
- Subscriber of ecomnation services can share data with third party system using secured API if authorized in the form of unique 16 digit token.
Also, our staff will never access your data unless required for support reasons. When working a support issue we do our best to respect your privacy as much as possible, we only access the minimum data needed to resolve your issue. we also limit access based on IP(security proxy).
Have a question or concern? Please email@example.com